In an effort to inform our stakeholders about the issues we face as a District specific to our facilities, the Indian Hill School District welcomes you to INSIDE OUR FACILITIES. In this video series, Superintendent Kirk Koennecke visits with building leaders and experts to share factual information about how the May 4, 2021 bond portion of the combined levy
would be invested.
In this episode, we visit with Indian Hill High School Principal Jeff Damadeo.
The key items to address with a bond involve some major mechanical systems that are part of the District’s long-term master plan to improve efficiency and lower on-going operations costs:
• Connect the High School to the Central Plant
• Add new high efficiency chiller and boiler in the Central Plant
There is a cost to ignoring the mechanical issues at IHHS - if the District does nothing, it will only lead to more-costly solutions in the future; addressing these issues now allows the District to not only improve operations in the short-term but also preserve IHHS for our students and our community for years to come.
For security upgrades the District is looking at:
• Enhanced main entry with security vestibule, improved access control and monitoring, and direct line of site from front offices
• Improved access control at all exits and entrances
• Improved video surveillance throughout building and campus
• Improved visibility in public and high-traffic areas
• Updated/improved fire alarm and life safety systems
• Updated/expanded life safety systems
• Modified drives and parking to improve flow and separation of traffic
• Separate entrance for afterhours events and programs
• Clear separation of public use and student use areas