The Indian Hill School District Board of Education met Tuesday, January 12, for the annual Organizational Meeting to select Board leadership and establish meeting dates for the 2021 calendar year.
Dr. Eddie Hooker was elected president; Nancy Aichholz was elected vice president of operations; and, Kim Martin Lewis was elected vice president of finance. The 2021 Board committees include:
• Instruction and Technology – Elizabeth Johnston and Kim Martin Lewis
• Operations – Nancy Aichholz and Niki Singh
• Personnel/Professional Relations – Kim Martin Lewis and Nancy Aichholz
• Finance/Audit – Dr. Eddie Hooker and Kim Martin Lewis
• Indian Hill Foundation Liaison – Niki Singh
2021 Board Meeting Dates
Generally, regular meetings will be held at 7:00 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room at Indian Hill High School, 6865 Drake Road, Indian Hill, Ohio 45243. The Board may establish a time prior to the 7:00 p.m. public session to hold committee meetings and/or executive sessions. The public will be notified of the starting time of any such session upon release of the agenda. Please note: During COVID-19, regular meetings will be held via Zoom and a video of the meeting will be made available following the meeting on the District website.
The dates are as follows:
• February 9, 2021 (2nd Tuesday)
• March 9, 2021 (2nd Tuesday)
• April 20, 2021 (3rd Tuesday)
• May 11, 2021 (2nd Tuesday)
• June 22, 2021 (4th Tuesday)
• August 10, 2021 (2nd Tuesday)
• September 14, 2021 (2nd Tuesday)
• October 12, 2021 (2nd Tuesday)
• November 23, 2021 (4th Tuesday)
• December 14, 2021 (2nd Tuesday)
• January 11, 2022 (2nd Tuesday) - including Organizational Meeting
o Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - Alternate date for Organizational Meeting in case of inclement weather
May 4, 2021 Bond/Operating Levy
The Indian Hill Board of Education took the final vote to secure placing a combined operating and bond issue on the May 4, 2021 ballot. The first of the two required votes happened during a special Board meeting Tuesday, December 22, 2020. The ballot issue will provide dollars for daily operations to maintain nationally ranked educational services and a bond issue to meet critical District needs.
The combined operating and bond issue is estimated at approximately 5.43 mills. The estimated cost of the May 4 ballot issue is approximately $190.05/year ($15.84/month) per $100,000 of property market value per the County Auditor’s website.
The importance of the bond issue is to help protect the investment in the District’s current facilities; make security upgrades at buildings across the District; replace and maintain mechanical systems; and replace Indian Hill Middle School.
The last operating levy was more than 25 years ago. The District continues to operate from levies passed in the 1980s and earlier with a near-zero inflationary increase.
If the levy passes, then the District can meet the operational and capital needs. If the levy fails in May, the District would need to consider district-wide cuts and reductions. The need to secure additional operating dollars and funding for capital projects does not go away with failure. Rather, the need is delayed and it worsens.Click here to access an FAQ.